The Xero Shoes Z-Trail EV Vetiver Green is the ideal barefoot sandal for trail running and hiking. Running on barefoot sandals is a form of ultimate freedom: the feeling of bare feet with just enough protection yet extremely lightweight. Are you on vacation and want to kayak, canoe or just build a raft? The sole of the Z-trail EV gives you enough grip to use even in wet conditions. And do you fall in the water? No problem, considering it's a sandal these XeroShoes don't absorb any water.
The Z-Trail EV uses the unique three-layer FeelLite™ sole
- The bottom features FeelTrue® rubber for good grip and abrasion resistance.
- The middle layer of TrailFoam™ provides an incredible amount of power absorption and protection.
- The upper BareFoam™ layer then adds the perfect amount of comfort.
In addition, the FeelLite™ sole still maintains enough flexibility for natural movement and ground feel.
Z-Trail vs. Z-Trail EV
The Xero Shoes Z-Trail EV Vetiver Green is obviously an update of the well-known Z-Trail. But what's different about this barefoot sandal?
- More grip thanks to the updated sole profile
- Foot straps made from recycled water bottles
- Super comfortable foot straps - no hard edges.
- Adjustable Z-pattern - get exactly the right tension across your foot and behind your heel.
- The 10mm thick FeelLite™ outsole protects you from unpleasant surfaces while still giving the Z-trail a great ground feel.
- Elegant, but without unnecessary support.
- Super light: +/- 150 grams per sandal (size 42)
- Zero-Drop: no elevation in the heel for a correct anatomical position.
- 100% Vegan.
- Heel Protection - keeps your heel in place, helps keep dirt out of your sandal.
- Floats on water
The XeroShoes Z-Trail Vetiver Green is obviously a sandal for trail running, but is also great for hiking on any terrain.
Correct Toes Approved:
- Zero Drop: in other words no elevation in the heel
- No toespring (or the sole is flexible enough that the toes come flat when loaded)
- Wide at the toes: allows natural toe spread
- Flexible sole: allows natural movement of the foot
In barefoot shoes with the "Correct Toes Approved" label, most people will be able to wear Correct Toes.